The Aeoncademy Philosophy and Services
Aeoncademy develops its specialised programs with the needs of creative thinking and skills, imaginative problem solving and adaptability clearly in mind.
We have a strong belief in the innate gifts and talents of all children!
Our specialised programs introduce creative modalities spanning the visual arts, drama and historical make-believe.
We infuse these programs with themes drawn from history, myth and legend, nature and other cultures, being sure to leave considerable scope for the imagination to play its part.
“Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up” – Pablo Picasso
An overview of the services we provide outside school hours:
– Specialised creative programs (see Sparks, Creative Catalyst and Vala)
– New and original! programs every vacation
– Designed by award winning Canberra School of Art (ANU) visual artist & educator Teffany Thiedeman and Anthropology and Prehistory graduate & educator Mathew Long
– In-house professional development in our specialised programs run quarterly, attended by all staff
– Experienced dedicated administration
– Programs attractive to boys & girls
– Distinct programming for children & teenagers
– Opportunity for older children to develop own art projects
– Opportunity for regular teenage participants to progress through our highly commended volunteer and mentorship program into training and paid work with us
– Choices within the same age group eg. Visual Arts or Dramatic Make-Believe
– Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided
– Firing of any ceramic works included
– Exhibition of art works by participants every term
– Over 10 years in operation
– Australian Government approved for Child Care Benefit & Child Care Rebate
– Fully Accredited (High Quality [highest standard]) by the National Childcare Accreditation Council, 2011
– All days run from 8.30am-5.30pm and include recreation during the lunch break.